This plugin generates the meta tags to transform your WordPress website into a fully configurable Ios web app. Features include
- Upload a home screen icon into the WordPress media library, this plugin will resize the image appropriately (for different device viewports).
- Upload a startup screen icon into the WordPress media library, this plugin will resize the image appropriately (for different device viewports).
- This plugin has the option to use [Add to home screen’s Cubiq script](http://cubiq.org/add-to-home-screen “Add to home screen”) to place a floating balloon inviting the user to add a website to their home screen as a standard iOs application.
- Customise the title of your application.
- How does the web app title behave?
By default Ios will use the first 12 digits of the websites title. This option allows you too override this behaviour.
- What does Maintain state do?
By default IOS web app will open in the url saved to the homescreen (every time they are opened). This will annoy the user as normal apps remember where the user last accessed and the app will open there. Enabling this option will mean the website will remeber the page the user last visited and when the web app is accessed will redirect the user to the page they last accessed.
- What Add to home mean?
Most users will not realise you have the option to install the website as a web app to the home screen. This option adds a floating balloon including the touch icon to returning users to prompt them to add the web app.
If you like this plugin please consider making a donation to further development